Made with passion
RecipesMade with passion
Casa Mendosa™ Chicken Fajitas
Serves 6 / 30 mins
- 6 Casa Mendosa™ White Medium Tortillas, warmed
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 – 3 tbsp. olive oil, or as necessary
- 1 medium/large sweet Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1oz. packet of Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp. lime juice or to taste
Optional: shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole, cilantro and sour cream
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15-20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
- In a large skillet add the olive oil, and chicken strip and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned and cooked through; stir and flip intermittently. Remove chicken from skillet (keep the oil and cooking juices in the pan) and set aside.
- If necessary add a bit more oil, add the onions, and sauté over medium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until they begin to caramelize and soften; stir intermittently.
- Add the peppers and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until they begin to soften; stir intermittently.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Add the water, fajita-seasoning mix, and cook for about 3 minutes, or until chicken is heated through; stir intermittently. Spoon mixture into Casa Mendosa™ tortillas and serve immediately. Then top with your favourite toppings of your choice.
- Serve and enjoy.