Made with passion
RecipesMade with passion
Casa Mendosa™ Chicken, Rice Burrito Recipe
Serves 2 / 30 mins
- 2 Casa Mendosa™ Extra Large Burrito Tortillas
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cups diced red onion
- 1 can black beans
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 jar chunky-style tomato salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Cilantro leaves
- Olive oil cooking spray
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
- Heat a stovetop griddle or grill pan over medium heat, or heat an electric panini press to 350°F degrees
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat; add corn and onion and cook 4 minutes, or until corn is crisp-tender. Stir in beans, rice, and salsa. Stir with a large spoon to incorporate salsa, and cook until rice is just heated through.
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken, cheese, and pepper. Warm tortillas in a microwave or on stovetop according to package directions.
- To assemble burritos, spoon about 1 cup of the rice mixture in a mound in the center of each warm Casa Mendosa™ tortilla. Top with 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture and some cilantro leaves. Fold in sides of tortilla, then roll tightly into a burrito.
- Lightly coat burritos with cooking spray. Place on a griddle, grill, or panini press and cook 3 to 4 minutes, turning once, until burritos are lightly toasted and crisp. Cut in half.
- Serve with accompaniments and enjoy!