Made with passion
RecipesMade with passion
Casa Mendosa™ Ice Cream Churro Tacos
Take your flour tortillas to a whole new level with these Ice Cream Churro Tacos!, Yes, tacoss for dessert. Fun to make and customizable to the entire family’s liking, these crunchy ice cream tacos will make you wonder why you've never tried a sweet version of tacos before.
- 6 Casa Mendosa™ White or Whole Wheat 7" Tortillas
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- Aluminum foil (create small tubes , 1-2" in diameter, to use as spacers when baking tortillas)
- 3-4 cups of your favourite flavour of ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch chipotle powder or cayenne pepper (optional)
- Topping Bar- chopped nuts, sprinkles, chocolate, candies, chocolate sauce etc.
Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush the melted butter onto one side of a Casa Mendosa™ tortilla. Combine cinnamon and sugar together and generously sprinkle over the buttered tortilla shell. Using the prepared aluminum foil tubes, fold the tortillas in half, with the cinnamon sugar side to be on the inside, creating the taco shell.
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and stiff to touch. Allow your taco shells to cool, and remove foil tubes.
- In a Microwave-proof dish, melt chocolate, butter, spices and corn syrup, at 10 second intervals, stirring each time, until mixture comes together in a smooth dipping consistency. Do not over cook.
- Take cooled taco shell, carefully pack with slightly softened ice cream and smooth around the edges with a spoon or knife.
- Working quickly, dip the taco edges in chocolate. Place in freezer for 15-20 minutes to allow the ice cream to set.
- Serve with the topping bar, and sprinkle with choice of decorations.